Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pokemon's back

Hey blogdogs,
Sorry it's been a while, but I got a new computer and it's been great fun. We've also been doing a school project to help people in East Timor, but finally i've been able to get back to the blog. This time the review is on everyone's favourite pet game, Pokemon. If you recall, Pokemon games have been around since 1998. This video will show you some of the past games.




Now you've seen the history of the games, we'll introduce the new games Heart Gold and Soul Silver, which are actually remakes of old Pokemon games - Gold and Silver. The new ones were released earlier this year and they've already been smash hits.



Personally I have played most of the Pokemon games in the series and I think that Soulsilver is one of the best games ever. First you get your starter Pokemon, such as Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquil, then you have to go on a quest to defeat the eight gym leaders and then the elite four. After that there will be a second part of the game. I won't spoil it by telling you what region it is but you will be able to get the other starter Pokemon such as Charmeleon, Squirtle and Mudkip and you have to battle the elite four a SECOND time and it will be harder. After finishing the second part of the games, then you have to defeat the ultimate trainer of all the games, Trainer Red. The most challenging parts of the game involve defeating Trainer Red and defeating legendaries, with Pokemon over level 80. If you need help to get through some of these hard parts, you can go on YouTube and find walk throughs of the game, which I found very helpful.

This time when you go to safari zone, a bonus after you defeat the elite four and help the owner of the safari, is that you can customise the safari. You can also go to the pokeathlon stadium where you will be able to get your pokemon into sports and I found it a lot of fun, I think you will too.

This game is challenging because there are the two parts, I thought I'd finished the game, and then found there was a whole other part. Legendaries (such as Lugia, Ho Oh, Groudon & the three legendary bir pokemon) are the hardest part of the game, you can spend hours trying to catch them. They have a way of keeping you going these games, and I spent about three weeks just coming back to this game. Out of my game ratings, I'm actually giving it a 5/5. There is nothing wrong with this game. I've played Heart Gold as well and I recommend Soul Silver as the best - and I now have some awesome Pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment